Ten years ago I got the ambitious idea to play through all primary Final Fantasy games from the first one until the last one. This didn’t include Tactics, the online ones, or off-shoots from X and XII. So Final Fantasy’s number I through XII at that point are going to be played. Well, I’m here to tell you that I’m still, VERY SLOWLY, working through these.
Ten years ago I started Final Fantasy I… I actually had a different blog then where I talked about that. I’m sure it’s still exists somewhere on the internet, but I don’t even remember which domain name I was using at that point in time… Oh well!
Over the past few years I’ve finished FF VI, VII, and I started VIII over the weekend. See! Progress, the slowest progress ever, but progress none-the-less. Whoohoo. I’m excited to be play VIII. I honestly don’t think I ever have. I think I skipped it and went strait to IX. So, now I’m playing the remastered VIII on the Switch (I initially meant to play the original on the Vita, but the remastered came out before I got to that), and I really want to understand the card game! I’m just not. I’ve already lost the first set of cards I’d gotten along with the Ifrit card. 😦 So clearly I need to do some reading maybe on how it works. I thought I had it figured out… maybe I’m just bad at it.
Anyways, I wanted to post something here, and FF VIII is at the top of my mind right now. Outside of work related things anyways so I’m sharing my joy. I’m hoping I can finish VIII before the end of the year so I can dig into IX again! It’s been a long, long time since I played IX, and I’m excited to see my pal Vivi again!
TWO MONTHS! I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep up with a regular posting schedule. #noregrets. It’s been busy ya’ll. Here’s the highlights:
- Spent all of December packing up the house. Took several trips to drop stuff at second hand shops.
- Closed and moved into the new house the week before Christmas while I had a cold. Yippie!
- Hosted family dinner FOUR DAYS after moving. Family dinner was supposed to happen, then it wasn’t happening, and then family decided THE DAY OF that they were coming. Which means we ordered pizza since we didn’t have anything else prepared. Whoohoo. It was awesome (sarcasm).
- Had a quiet Christmas Day with just our tiny little family.
- Had a few friends over for NYE. At this point the new house was mostly put together.
- Didn’t track food/alcohol well over the moving and holidays so gained a bit of weight back.
- Since the beginning of the year I’ve been working(ish) to get back on track. Meal prepping, going to the gym at least twice a week (I’m gaining muscle yay!), and tracking calories daily.
- Cutting BACK, but not cutting OUT alcohol.
- Started playing Glooomhaven. Pretty sure that’s going to be happening for 2 years at the rate we’re all able to play.
- Got a Switch for Christmas! Played through Fire Emblem Warriors and now I’m playing through Octopath Traveller. Super enjoying Octopath so far.
- Crocheted myself a blanket while house bound due to snow/weather!
- And lastly. The old house is scheduled to close in February!
Whew! That’s everything of importance. Obviously I’ve continued playing board games through all of this, and my new gaming room is nice! Trying to figure out what I want to do as a content creator in the realm of board games or even video games.
I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with this space other than just being a brain dump. I have a lot of ideas for a lot of things. I’m just terrible at executing.
Hope everyone’s New Year is starting well! Talk to you all in like two months when I post again!