After three weeks of being sick I’m finally feeling well enough for a legit meal prep again. Keeping it simple since my energy is still low, but looking forward to all of this.
Decided I won’t be trying to intermittent fast while still recovering from this bronchitis thing. Instead, I’m adding a well rounded breakfast including a new to me fruit. Grapefruit! I’ve had grapefruit beers, but I’ve never actually eaten a grapefruit before. Looking forward to this exciting adventure.
What’s for Breakfast?
Breakfast is simple with 2 scrambled eggs, bell peppers, pre-cooked turkey sausage, and half a grapefruit.
- 2 large eggs – 140
- 1 pre-cooked turkey sausage – 65
- Assorted bell peppers – 25
- Half a grapefruit – 55
Breakfast macro break down: 285 calories, 17g carbs, 14g fat, 20g protein
What’s for Lunch?
Lunches are also simple. Tuna salad includes olive-oil mayo, celery, red onion, and broccoli florets. Along with the tuna salad I’ll have some extra sharp cheddar cheese, almonds, and extra celery.
- Tuna Salad – 115
- 28g sharp cheddar cheese – 110
- 30g almonds – 170
- 3.5oz celery – 14
Lunch macro breakdown: 409 calories, 17g carbs, 28g fat, 27g protein
My tuna salad is very basic. 3 5oz cans of tuna in water (4oz drained), frozen broccoli florets, celery, red onion, apple cider vinegar, and olive-oil mayo. Salt and pepper to taste. I don’t really measure the vegetables that go in, just add them until I think there’s enough. More often than not each bite is more vegetable than tuna, which is perfectly fine with me!
With breakfast and lunch calories and planned larger dinners I won’t be adding many snacks to the week. I’m going to make sure I have something on hand at my desk just in case I need something before dinner can be made, but mostly I’m thinking these two meals should keep me pretty full until dinner.
- Glass containers for lunches and blueberries
- Rubbermaid containers for peppers – These containers have help up for nearly a year. They do great in the microwave and haven’t stained yet! If you’re going to go plastic I highly recommend these.
- I’m personally trying to stick to a 1200-1500 daily calorie limit. This may not work for you. Change these recipes as much as you need to make them work.