I know I made no promises to myself or anyone else about updating this space with any kind of regularity. I know I promised myself I would take it easy on myself for slipping on the diet/exercise train. I know I’m only human, but I’ve been kind of down on myself lately.
From a post back in April I made this awesome list of things I wanted to do, and I’ve done none of them. Well, I have played more Sims 4, and I did do some streaming for a bit. Set a schedule and everything, but then I couldn’t keep up with it. I’m not sure if going back to streaming is even something I want to do now.
- Like I said earlier, actually set a schedule for Sims 4 streaming.
- Create some board game crossword puzzles. I just think that could be a fun monthly post here. If I can find a way so people can do the crossword on the site instead of printing it out that’d be great!
- Just post more here, even if it’s silly stuff like this post.
- Play more solo board games! This will include finishing my current game of Legacy of Dragonholt, and working through my backlog of games since most of them I got for solo gaming anyways.
Continue reading “Summer Reflections”
TWO MONTHS! I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep up with a regular posting schedule. #noregrets. It’s been busy ya’ll. Here’s the highlights:
- Spent all of December packing up the house. Took several trips to drop stuff at second hand shops.
- Closed and moved into the new house the week before Christmas while I had a cold. Yippie!
- Hosted family dinner FOUR DAYS after moving. Family dinner was supposed to happen, then it wasn’t happening, and then family decided THE DAY OF that they were coming. Which means we ordered pizza since we didn’t have anything else prepared. Whoohoo. It was awesome (sarcasm).
- Had a quiet Christmas Day with just our tiny little family.
- Had a few friends over for NYE. At this point the new house was mostly put together.
- Didn’t track food/alcohol well over the moving and holidays so gained a bit of weight back.
- Since the beginning of the year I’ve been working(ish) to get back on track. Meal prepping, going to the gym at least twice a week (I’m gaining muscle yay!), and tracking calories daily.
- Cutting BACK, but not cutting OUT alcohol.
- Started playing Glooomhaven. Pretty sure that’s going to be happening for 2 years at the rate we’re all able to play.
- Got a Switch for Christmas! Played through Fire Emblem Warriors and now I’m playing through Octopath Traveller. Super enjoying Octopath so far.
- Crocheted myself a blanket while house bound due to snow/weather!
- And lastly. The old house is scheduled to close in February!
Whew! That’s everything of importance. Obviously I’ve continued playing board games through all of this, and my new gaming room is nice! Trying to figure out what I want to do as a content creator in the realm of board games or even video games.
I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with this space other than just being a brain dump. I have a lot of ideas for a lot of things. I’m just terrible at executing.
Hope everyone’s New Year is starting well! Talk to you all in like two months when I post again!
It appears life has continued to move regardless of my writing about it or not. Well, duh, right? I promised myself I would post here at least twice a week, and I keep failing myself. I keep trying to find something clever or cute to post instead of just being me. So, yeah. I guess I should really just be me.
Yesterday morning the boyfriend flew to NC for work. He’s flying back tonight so will miss all the craziness from the hurricane (by the way, everyone out there please be safe!). Usually we crate the dog each night, but it was just weird to have the whole bed to myself. So I let him stay out. We don’t do this normally because the two cats sometimes like to cause a ruckus at night which makes the dog bark and the whole house wake up. Nothing crazy happened last night though! And it was nice to have the dog out and more alert since it was just me and the kiddo home.
I spent a good amount of time “play” games with the kiddo over the weekend. Got started on my 2nd solo campaign of Legacy of Dragonholt, and I’m going to knock off a few more games in my annual challenge for the year! So, I have all that going for me.
Also deciding what to talk about for next month’s The Shuffle episode, and still fiddling with lighting and equipment trying to get video recording down. I feel pretty confident in my ability to actually do the recording now. It’s the editing I’m getting terrified of, but I need some video to play with to really see what’s what. I also probably need some sort of intro and outro? Most likely… So, if anyone knows things that can help I’m all ears!